Member of the working groups for tax law (www.steuerrecht.org), tenancy law and real estate (www.mietrecht.net) of the German Lawyers Association.
Member of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th statutory meetings of the Federal Chamber of Lawyers (www.brak.de).
Member of the committee “Specialist lawyer for industrial property protection” of the Bar Association in Frankfurt/Main (www.rechtsanwaltskammer-ffm.de)
- Year of birth: 1968
- Studies: 1989 to 1993 in Würzburg, Germany
- First bar exam: 1993 in Würzburg
- Legal clerkship in Bamberg
- Second bar exam: 1995 in Munich
- Doctorate: 1995 with a dissertation on the topic “Accounting records as subjects of confiscation at tax consultant offices”.
- Admission to the bar: 1995
- Specialist lawyer for tax law since 2001
- Specialist lawyer forindustrial property protection since 2007
- Appointment as notary: 2011
- Specialist lawyer for tenancy and residential property law since 2013
Since joining the office in 1995, my activities have focused on civil law, in particular tenancy and real estate law. I also advise and represent landlords and tenants before courts in matters relating to commercial real estate or apartments. It is particularly important to me that goals are achieved as quickly and economically as possible. This is often much more helpful than a long lasting lawsuit. In the interest of my clients, I also use my extensive experience to implement rules in rental or lease agreements during contract negotiations that avoid conflicts later on. I advise many of my clients already during contract negotiations in which I participate or where I assist in the background. My clients include major lessors of commercial real estate, doctors, pharmacists, architects, medium-sized companies, restaurateurs and private landlords.
Furthermore, I am also active in other fields of civil law, mainly dealing with issues relating to acquisitions (real estate, houses, apartments, automobiles and other motor vehicles) and contracts for work and services, fee claims by physicians, accounting and dispute issues arising at energy supply companies, and advise in situations related to insolvency. In inheritance law, I represent my clients in inheritance certificate proceedings, in case of inheritance disputes, in matters relating to legacies and compulsory portions.
The range of my legal activities in tenancy, residential property and real estate law includes the following:
- I advise proactively by drafting suitable rental or lease agreements and partition declarations of condominium communities, but also in the event of ambiguities arising in the course of a tenancy: Defects, maintenance, aesthetic repairs, energy conservation measures, modernisation, operating obligations in shopping centres, manner of use, subtenants, rent increase, index clauses, terminations, deposits, sureties, compensations, lessor’s lien, written form of tenancy agreements.
- I take part in negotiations in order to resolve disputes definitely and quickly.
- Sometimes a lawsuit cannot be avoided: In this case, I vigorously represent my client’s rights before local, state and higher regional courts throughout Germany, without neglecting the objective and the economic background. This annoys some opponents because I am very committed to the individual case. Some proceedings have already produced favourable solutions, which may also include settlements.
Tax law is another focus of my legal activities:
- I advise and represent clients in appeal and complaint procedures before tax offices and tax courts.
- I advise clients on the filing of voluntary disclosures.
- I support my clients in tax optimisation in order to avoid unnecessary inheritance tax or gift tax payments.
- Together with renowned professional liability insurers, I defend tax consultants and auditors against liability claims.
A further focus of my legal activities is on the protection of industrial property rights:
- I advise and represent clients in proposed advertising campaigns.
- I advise clients on warnings due to unauthorized advertising and represent them in court.
I support my clients in the registration of trademarks and other characteristics which stand for their company, in case of objections against registered trademarks and in case of lawsuits arising from trademarks and other characteristics.
The main focus of my notarial work is on real estate law, commercial and corporate law and inheritance law. I am particularly available for advice and notarizations in the following areas:
- Purchase and transfer of properties and apartments
- Real estate financing, such as land charges and mortgages
- Deeds of partition between shareholders
- Declarations of division for condominiums
- Builder contracts
- Leasehold contracts
- Company formations
- Amendments to the articles of association including capital increases and decreases
- General meetings
- Intercompany agreements
- Entries to commercial registers
- Living wills
- Health care proxies
- Last wills and testaments and contracts of inheritance
- (Hereditary) deeds of partition among co-heirs
In case of complex mandates, I regularly cooperate with experienced tax advisors as well as experts and, if necessary, also arrange appropriate contacts.
- Rechtshängigkeit im Strafverfahren, JuS 1993, 984
- Unerlaubtes Entfernen vom Unfallort auf Privatgrundstück, in: Freiheit und Verantwortung in schwieriger Zeit: Kritische Studien aus vorwiegend straf(-prozess) rechtlicher Sicht zum 60. Geburtstag von Prof. Dr. Ellen Schlüchter, 1998, 111
- Einsendungen von Gerichtsentscheidungen:
- LG Darmstadt, Urteil vom 29.06.2000 – 13 O 15/99, NJW-RR 2001, 1015 (Honorar zwischen Erbensucher und ermitteltem Erben)
- OLG Frankfurt am Main, Urteil vom 20.02.2001 – 22 U 222/00, NJOZ 2002, 829 (Geschäftsmäßige Zahnweißung ist keine Zahnheilkunde)
- LG Darmstadt, Urteil vom 02.10.2001 – 14 O 214/01, NJOZ 2002, 979 (Geschäftsmäßige Zahnweißung ist keine Zahnheilkunde)
- LG Darmstadt, Urteil vom 11.06.2002 – 10 O 26/02, NJOZ 2004, 951 (Kann der Nacherben Auskunft über den Bestand einer Erbschaft verlangen?)
- LG Berlin, Urteil vom 11.10.2002 – 20 O 511/02, NJW-RR 2003, 765 (Kann die Gegenseite Äußerungen des gegnerischen Anwalts generell untersagen lassen?)
- OLG Frankfurt am Main, Urteil vom 15.01.2004 – 3 U 127/03, NJW-RR 2004, 969 (Haftpflicht des Hundehalters, Tierhalterhaftpflichtversicherung)
- OLG Frankfurt am Main, Beschluss vom 13.05.2006 – 12 W 9/06, NJOZ 2006, 2850 (Kann ein gerichtlich bestellter Sachverständiger bei unbrauchbaren Gutachten Entschädigung verlangen?)
- OLG Frankfurt am Main, Urteil vom 29.08.2007 – 5 UF 101/06, FamRZ 2008, 83 (Vollstreckungsgegenklage zulässig, wenn Ehegatte geltend macht, titulierte Nutzungsentschädigung für Räumungsfrist sei erloschen; im Hausratsverfahren kann Eigentümer keinen Schadenersatz geltend machen, soweit der andere Ehegatte die Wohnung unrechtmäßig besitzt)
- LG Darmstadt, Urteil vom 08.01.2008 – 16 O 164/07, GRUR-RR 2008, 375 (Der vom späteren Kläger abgemahnte Beklagte muss dem Kläger mitteilen, dass er wegen desselben Gegenstandes inzwischen eine strafbewehrte Unterlassungserklärung abgegeben hat: Die Kosten des Verfahrens hat dann der Beklagte zu tragen).