Member of the working group for family and inheritance law of the German Lawyers Association (www.familienanwaelte-dav.de and www.erbrecht-erbr.de)
Member of the representatives’ meeting of the pension fund of lawyers in the state of Hesse (www.vw.ra-hessen.de)
- Year of birth: 1967
- Studies: 1986 to 1991 in Frankfurt/Main.
- First bar exam: 1991
- Legal clerkship, among others at the University of Administrative Sciences of Speyer, an international law firm in Brussels and the „Wettbewerbssenat“ of the Higher Regional Court Frankfurt/Main.
- Second bar exam: 1995
- Doctorate: 1995 with a dissertation on “Differences and similarities between German and European merger control law – a problem-oriented comparison”.
- Admission to the bar: 1995
- Specialist lawyer for family law since 1999
- Specialist lawyer for inheritance law since 2005
- Appointment as notary: 2008
Since joining the firm in 1995, my activities have focused on family and inheritance law.
In addition, I am also active in civil law (in particular purchase law and contract for services law, factoring, tenancy law, law of general terms and conditions).
The scope of my legal activities in family law includes all relevant areas as well as peripheral issues.
- I provide precautionary advice in “good times” by drafting suitable marriage contracts.
- In the event of a crisis, I develop and negotiate suitable separation and divorce agreements.
- If it is unavoidable, I assert the rights of my clients to maintenance, pension equalisation, matrimonial property and household effects quickly and purposefully, represent them in the assertion of custody rights and rights of access and assist them in protracted and challenging asset disputes.
- In addition, I represent my clients in divorce proceedings and all necessary subsequent procedures (e.g. pension equalisation, post-marital spouse support and equitable division of community property).
In the lawyer list 2014 of FOCUS-SPEZIAL magazine I was named as a top lawyerin the area of family law.
Inheritance law is another focus of my legal activities:
- In cooperation with my clients, I plan and develop solutions for corporate successions.
- I advise them on the drafting of wills, inheritance contracts and legacies for the purpose of regulating successions and assist them in drafting gift contracts in anticipation of successions.
- I support my clients in tax optimisation in order to avoid unnecessary inheritance tax or gift tax payments.
- I represent my clients in inheritance certificate proceedings, in inheritance disputes, in the contesting of wills, in the fulfilment of legacies and in the assertion or defence of legal portion claims.
In civil law I am mainly active in the area of
- Sales and service contract law and
In this context, I represent several factoring companies, private schools and well-known car dealerships.
My notarial work also focuses on family and inheritance law. I am available for advice and notarizations, in particular when it comes to
- Marriage and partnership contracts
- Preventive power of attorneys
- Living wills
- Last wills and testaments and contracts of inheritance
- Deeds of partition
- Contracts for the partition of an inheritance.
Besides I also offer notarial support in real estate and corporate law. I mainly advise my clients in the following areas:
- Real estate transactions
- Project development and real estate financing
- Declarations of division
- Builder contracts
- Leasehold contracts
- M&A transactions
- Company formations
- Amendments to the articles of association including capital increases and decreases
- General meetings
- Intercompany agreements
- Entries into the commercial register
I advise several companies, including stock corporations, in all notarial matters.
For complex mandates, I regularly cooperate with experienced tax advisors and experts and, if necessary, also arrange appropriate contacts
- Unterschiede und Gemeinsamkeiten des deutschen und europäischen Fusionskontrollrechts – ein problemorientierter Vergleich –; Peter Lang Verlag, Frankfurt 1995
- Die allgemeine Härteregelung des § 91 Abs. 2 Satz 2 BSHG in der aktuellen Rechtsprechung, FamRZ 2004, S. 1936 ff.
- Tod der armen Partei vor Prozesskostenhilfebewilligung im Scheidungsverfahren, FamRZ 2011, S. 345 f.
- Zusammen mit Herrn Dipl. Jur. und Rechtsreferendar Sebastian Knell: Unterhaltsanspruch nach § 1615 l BGB, Anmerkung zum Beschluss des OLG Köln vom 21.02.2017, 25 UF 149/16, Forum Familienrecht 2017, S. 374 ff.